SIP helps private market operators maximize ESG opportunities for strategic competitive advantage, new value creation, market leadership, enhanced risk management, and better exit options.
New business practice standards and stakeholder expectations are broadening the notion of what constitutes risk and liability. C-suite leaders and their Boards are increasingly needing to measure, disclose (report), and justify (account for) a range of business performance indicators.
Historically private companies and family enterprises built their purpose, values, and legacy into the customer experience without the benefit of share value and stock performance to drive market confidence and leadership. Now ESG presents them with opportunities for growth and development beyond what public companies can leverage in their ESG programs.
Private operators can execute a more proportionate, agenda-specific use of ESG for proactive value creation and upscaling of competitive advantage as well as to reduce risk, build long-term resilience, and better equip operations and other functionality. Using ESG as a competitive differentiator enables the pursuit of financial goals with less resistance and greater trust from more lasting stakeholder consent.
Our ESG platform applies approaches, methods, and standards to essential disciplines:
- Environmental Management
- Conscious Leadership & Management
- Conscious Governance
- Supply Chain
- Human Capital Enablement & Empowerment
- Value Development & Acceleration
- New Risk & Resilience Management
- Customer/Stakeholder Experience
- Digital Transformation
In addition to Private Market ESG, the SIP team also provides the essential ESG building blocks needed by public, shareholder market operators.
These capabilities include:
- Defining the Company's Purpose and Crafting a Purpose Statement
- Establishing a Code of Conduct, Sustainability Policy, and Attendant Guidelines
- Sustainability Model Development
- Setting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Science Based Targets (SBTs)
- Developing an ESG-Specific Strategic Plan
- Developing the Strategy and Roadmap for an Environmental Management System
- Architecting a Preferred Employer or Preferred Supplier Brand Strategy
- Employing the Right Reporting Standard
- Writing ESG-Sustainability Reports
- Creating an ESG Messaging System
- Conducting Materiality-Risk Assessments
- Providing Data, Property, Asset Assessments
- Conducting ESG Due Diligence for Acquisitions, JVs, Commercialization Initiatives
- Individual and Teams ESG Coaching/Training
(Read our Blog post here.)
As a group of senior business leaders, the SIP team has been directly involved in some fashion with various aspects of the global responsible business movement over a generation. We have literally grown our careers in parallel with the corporate integrity evolution.
Don’t mistake values as politics. ESG is not about injecting politics or personal opinions into your business. It’s about aligning the methods and means to revenue performance, EBITDA, profitability, and valuation to the drivers of the ‘license to operate’ in the new paradigm of stakeholder capitalism.